York Hospital Strater Wing/Birthing Suite
Allied Engineering worked closely with the architect to provide mechanical and electrical engineering design services for this renovation and addition project. The project included the following:
- Complete renovation for the center core area of the second floor.
- Removal of the West Stair at Strater Wing and infill the floor opening, with renovations at the second floor level.
- Single story addition to the north façade to house the new Garden Room
- Two story addition at the south façade to house a new nursery suite at the second floor and mechanical space at the first floor
- Complete renovations for the four patient room at the southwest corner of the second floor
- HVAC Upgrades within the two Family Care/PEDI rooms to the east of the Nursery Addition
- Complete replacement for HVAC, plumbing, med gas, and electrical infrastructure throughout the Strater Wing. The infrastructure upgrades removed the entire steam heating system, which included steam preheat coils with steam to water heat exchangers and two-pipe changeover distribution system and replaced the system with high efficiency condensing gas fired boilers and duct mounted hot water heating coils to create a four-pipe hot water/chilled water system.